The Potty Correction Technique for Piddle Pads Which I have used with success:
You may have seen me demo this if you have
been to my house. The process goes like this:
1. Discover the "bad spot" (the offending spot is the bad thing to get across to them, not the puppy )
2. Silently go and pick up the puppy, but do not cuddle close, rather hold out away from your body. This is serious business. ha
3. Go to the "bad spot" and set the puppy close enough so she can sniff it so she knows what it is. Slap the floor beside the "bad spot" and say, "ack, ack, bad spot!"
4. Continue to carry the puppy out away from you and go over to the piddle pad. Lower her to the pad, but do not release. In a happy cheerful voice, say "good puppy! good potty!"
5. Return to the "bad spot" and repeat step #3 (their attention spans are very brief!)
6. Return to the piddle pad all the while carrying away from your body. Set the puppy on the pad and with a cheerful voice say "good puppy, good potty" or something to the effect. Release the puppy on the pad.
7. Go to the "bad spot" armed immediately with cleaning supplies and grumble and complain (not hard to do at this point) while you clean it up. Use the words "bad spot", etc. etc.
8. Ignore the puppy for 5 minutes.
9. Pick up the puppy and cuddle as if all is well.
This is the most difficult to do when they are
being really cute and you find the spot.
But keeping in mind that you are both taking a break (from cuteness) for a little important life lesson helps buoy up your courage as the human and pull it off when needed. Good luck and persist! Trudy of Garden Parti Yorkies
Garden Parti Yorkies and Biewers
Scroll way, way down to see the step by step correction
procedure for piddle pad training
Past Garden Parti puppies....
The Cost of your new yorkie reflects the size, gender, availability, and type of the puppy being sold. They are usually priced around 7-8 weeks of age and listed on this website. People who are actively engaged on the waiting list are notified prior to the puppies appearing for sale on this site.
Generally, traditionally colored boys are $800 to $1200 depending on size and other desirable characteristics. $900 is a common price.
Traditionally colored girls range from $1000 to $1500 generally ($1200 is a common price). A very tiny girl under standard might be more.
Tri boys range from $900 to $1600 (although can go higher for very, very tinies in the future).
Tri girls range from $1100 to $2000, again depending on various factors of size and appearance.
Golds are priced as they become available and somewhat in line with the Tri colors with more for gold/white than solid golds.
These are pet prices, and do not include breeding rights or registrations for breeding. Those arrangements are exceptional and need to made ahead of time.
Two potential new Garden Parti Moms are pictured below. One is out of a Recent Dazzle/Bubba Louie breeding and the other out of a recent Emmy/Trot breeding. They were born this spring 2014.
Garden Parti Sweet Clover
Clover is living with me.
Clover would have been priced at $2000 if she
had been available for sale.
Ruby would have been priced at $2000 if she had been available for sale.
Garden Parti Ruby Hummingbird
Ruby is living with her mom, Emmy, (Lily of Valleys) and staying in her Host Home with Katie, Kevin, and Krista.
Announcing Two little Biewer Yorkie Boys!
Presenting!! Gold and White little Finn and his equally adorable sister, Elsa!!!
Finn was born to Sunny and "Rosie" 6/7/14. Rosie is the daughter of my Flower (pictured below with Sunny, and now retired). Rosie looks very much like her mom, Flower. Finn has a darling teddy bear face with big eyes and a little turned up nose. He is even tempered, not high strung, and goes with the flow. Finn will be sold by me for Joanne, his human "mom". Finn is projected to be 5-6 lbs full grown and his fluffy coat should be eventually replaced by a nice silky coat. He is adorable and a rare find. Finn is vet checked, has used piddle pads and is priced at $1200 (pet price). Pre-neuter is offered if desired.
Garden Parti Flower, grandam to Finn & Elsa
Garden Parti Sunshine aka Sunny,
sire to Finn & Elsa
Garden Parti Finn at 11 wks
Sorry, Finn is SOLD
Garden Parti Potts @ 9wks
Potts is a sturdy little Tri colored boy with a thick coat and lots of color. His parents are Ana and Bubba Louie (grandma is Yummi). He has a playful attitude, is a loving boy and already is showing some athletic skills par excellence! I expect Potts to be about 7 lbs. He is priced at $900 pet price. Pre-neuter is offered.
Garden Parti Morty is the smaller of the two brothers. He is out of Ana and Bubba Louie. Yummi is his granddam. He is a sweet little guy, playful, and has the same thick coat as his brother. Morty is expected to be 5-1/2 to-6 lbs. and is priced at $1100 pet price. Pre-neuter is offered.
Sorry, Morty is SOLD
Garden Parti Morty
Garden Parti Elsa is an adorable little yorkie girl with the same parentage as Finn, her littermate brother. I expect her to be approximately 5 lbs as an adult. She has an engaging personality and is quite affectionate. Elsa is priced at $1200, Pet Price only.
Sorry, ELSA is SOLD
Sorry, Potts is SOLD
Sorry, these four puppies are SOLD at this time. I am leaving their pictures on until they go to their new homes for reference points.