The Potty Correction Technique for Piddle Pads Which I have used with success:
You may have seen me demo this if you have
been to my house. The process goes like this:
1. Discover the "bad spot" (the offending spot is the bad thing to get across to them, not the puppy )
2. Silently go and pick up the puppy, but do not cuddle close, rather hold out away from your body. This is serious business. ha
3. Go to the "bad spot" and set the puppy close enough so she can sniff it so she knows what it is. Slap the floor beside the "bad spot" and say, "ack, ack, bad spot!"
4. Continue to carry the puppy out away from you and go over to the piddle pad. Lower her to the pad, but do not release. In a happy cheerful voice, say "good puppy! good potty!"
5. Return to the "bad spot" and repeat step #3 (their attention spans are very brief!)
6. Return to the piddle pad all the while carrying away from your body. Set the puppy on the pad and with a cheerful voice say "good puppy, good potty" or something to the effect. Release the puppy on the pad.
7. Go to the "bad spot" armed immediately with cleaning supplies and grumble and complain (not hard to do at this point) while you clean it up. Use the words "bad spot", etc. etc.
8. Ignore the puppy for 5 minutes.
9. Pick up the puppy and cuddle as if all is well.
This is the most difficult to do when they are
being really cute and you find the spot.
But keeping in mind that you are both taking a break (from cuteness) for a little important life lesson helps buoy up your courage as the human and pull it off when needed. Good luck and persist! Trudy of Garden Parti Yorkies
Garden Parti Yorkies and Biewers
Scroll way, way down to see the step by step correction
procedure for piddle pad training AND some photos of PAST PUPPPIES
Past Garden Parti puppies....
For Pet Prices: no registrations until spay/neuter completed
Generally, traditionally colored boys are $700 to $1200 depending on size and other desirable characteristics. $850 to $900 is a common price.
Traditionally colored girls range from $1000 to $1500 generally ($1200-$1300 is a common price). A very tiny girl under standard might be more.
Tri boys range from $850 to $1600 generally ($1300 is a common price).
Tri girls range from $1100 to $2200, again depending on various factors of size and appearance.
Golds/whites range somewhere between traditionals and tri colors; often the same as a traditionally colored yorkies
These are pet prices, and do not include registrations for breeding. Those arrangements are exceptional and need to made ahead of time.
Those actively engaged on the waiting list have first choice for the type of puppy they have indicated when the puppies are priced at 7-8 weeks of age. I breed for the standard size (4-7) lbs and occasionally have puppies over or under standard. I am not taking names for puppies under standard size.
Information on Pricing guidelines is on this page.
Please scroll down.
Keep scrolling down for piddle pad/potty training correction technique....... and some past puppy pictures at the very bottom of this page.
Dazzle, the new mother to the newborn puppies below
Announcing the arrival of Dazzle and Leo's FOUR babies 9/12/15! There are two traditionally colored boys, one parti colored boy and one parti colored girl. Below these are pictured the TWO girls from Kala Lily and Leo, born 9/23/15. Finally, Primrose and Rubio had two tri colored girls 10/3/15. Pictures pending.
Leo belongs to my friend, Diana, of Greenwood Biewers. He is a little guy of about 3-1/2 lbs and much cuter than his pictures even!! Great disposition. Nice thick abundant coat, very good conformation. He is a parti (tri) color carrier, chocolate carrier and AKC registered.
This is Dazzle with her very first baby, a solo little girl, now named Emmy.
General Pricing Information
Leo the Sire
This space reserved for new puppy pictures for the soon to be born litters as well as updated pictures of Dazzle's along the way....
More space for what is coming up!
At this time I am not taking any more names for the waiting list until further notification and after Primrose has her puppies . Sorry for the inconvenience, but I am trying to keep my list manageable and fair to those inquring. Check back in for updates on the status of the "lists" in a couple of weeks.
Kala Lily and Leo have two parti colored little roly poly girls, although they look to be on the smaller side.
Arrival date of 9/23/15
Garden Parti KalaLily and babies
Leo, the Sire
The Huddle continues
(almost 3 weeks old) All are boys except the girl who is parti colored and bottom right. She is Reserved for now.
Dazzle doing a great job!
Parti boy at almost 3 weeks old
Parti Girl at almost 3 weeks old (reserved)
Two little traditionally colored boys at almost 3 weeks
By way of explanation on the status of these puppies: At this time I am not going to be able to take any more names of wonderful potential new homes for these puppies until matching starts with the existing waiting list at about 7 weeks of age. Sorry for the inconvenience.
Kala watching over her babes in my room at the lake
Two little girls 8 days old. When they are not snuggled up to Mom they like the crook of the low heat pad.
Leo, the sire, but unaware of all that is going on! He belongs to my friend, Diana.
Pictures of Primrose and Rubio's two tri colored girls, dob: 10/3/15, to follow in about a week.