The Potty Correction Technique for Piddle Pads Which I have used with success:
You may have seen me demo this if you have
been to my house. The process goes like this:
1. Discover the "bad spot" (the offending spot is the bad thing to get across to them, not the puppy )
2. Silently go and pick up the puppy, but do not cuddle close, rather hold out away from your body. This is serious business. ha
3. Go to the "bad spot" and set the puppy close enough so she can sniff it so she knows what it is. Slap the floor beside the "bad spot" and say, "ack, ack, bad spot!"
4. Continue to carry the puppy out away from you and go over to the piddle pad. Lower her to the pad, but do not release. In a happy cheerful voice, say "good puppy! good potty!"
5. Return to the "bad spot" and repeat step #3 (their attention spans are very brief!)
6. Return to the piddle pad all the while carrying away from your body. Set the puppy on the pad and with a cheerful voice say "good puppy, good potty" or something to the effect. Release the puppy on the pad.
7. Go to the "bad spot" armed immediately with cleaning supplies and grumble and complain (not hard to do at this point) while you clean it up. Use the words "bad spot", etc. etc.
8. Ignore the puppy for 5 minutes.
9. Pick up the puppy and cuddle as if all is well.
This is the most difficult to do when they are
being really cute and you find the spot.
But keeping in mind that you are both taking a break (from cuteness) for a little important life lesson helps buoy up your courage as the human and pull it off when needed. Good luck and persist! Trudy of Garden Parti Yorkies
Garden Parti Yorkies and Biewers
Scroll way, way down to see the step by step correction
procedure for piddle pad training
Past Garden Parti puppies....
The Cost of your new yorkie reflects the size, gender, availability, and type of the puppy being sold. They are usually priced around 7-8 weeks of age and listed on this website. People who are actively engaged on the waiting list are notified prior to the puppies appearing for sale on this site.
Generally, traditionally colored boys are $800 to $1200 depending on size and other desirable characteristics. $900 is a common price.
Traditionally colored girls range from $1000 to $1500 generally ($1200 is a common price). A very tiny girl under standard might be more.
Tri boys range from $900 to $1600 (although can go higher for very, very tinies in the future).
Tri girls range from $1100 to $2000, again depending on various factors of size and appearance.
Golds are priced as they become available and somewhat in line with the Tri colors with more for gold/white than solid golds.
These are pet prices, and do not include breeding rights or registrations for breeding. Those arrangements are exceptional and need to made ahead of time.
Two potential new Garden Parti Moms are pictured below. One is out of a Recent Dazzle/Bubba Louie breeding and the other out of a recent Emmy/Trot breeding. They were born spring 2014.
Garden Parti Sweet Clover
Clover is living with me. Clover is out of Dazzle and Bubba.
Clover and Ruby would have been priced at $2000 if they had been available for sale.
Ruby would have been priced at $2000 if she had been available for sale.
Garden Parti Ruby Hummingbird
Ruby is living with her mom, Emmy, (Lily of Valleys) and staying in her Host Home with Katie, Kevin, and Krista.
Announcing Two little Biewer Yorkie Boys!
Garden Parti Potts is a sturdy little Tri colored Biewer boy with a thick coat and lots of color. His parents are Ana and Bubba Louie (grandma is Yummi). He has a playful attitude, is a loving boy and cautious about new adventures. I expect Potts to be about 7 plus lbs. He is priced at $900 pet price. Pre-neuter is offered.
Garden Parti Morty is the smaller of the two brothers. He is out of Ana and Bubba Louie. Yummi is his granddam. He is a sweet little guy, playful, and has the same thick coat as his brother. Morty is expected to be 5-1/2 to-6 lbs. and is priced at $1100 pet price. Pre-neuter is offered.
Sorry, Morty is SOLD
Garden Parti Morty
Sorry, these two puppies are SOLD at this time. I am leaving their pictures on until they go to their new homes for reference points.
Garden Parti Phoebe and her Babes. Individual pictures here are posted of those two who will become available. The sire is Trot, a tri color carrier. The puppies' grandmothers are Yummi and Flower (pictured below); both retired.
Paternal Grandmother, Flower, a 4lb 14 oz. cutie
Maternal Grandmother, Yummi, my first
Biewer yorkie from Germany
Garden Parti Trot By Me, Little 3-1/4 lb sire to this litter
Puppy Number One
(of two available)
Garden Parti Meadow Rue is a darling little traditionally colored girl with a darling personality to match. This is a smart, personable little yorkie. I am expecting her to be around 4-1/2 lbs with a fine boned build. "Roo" has lived with her mom, Phoebe,pictured above, at Karen's house and she is well traveled and socialized in a family setting. This is a wonderfully sweet, smart and loving little girl! She is priced at $1300 pet price.
Sorry, Roo is SOLD
PUPPY NUMBER TWO
Garden Parti Roscoe
Garden Parti Roscoe at 11-12 wks
Garden Parti Roscoe is another darling little tri-colored Biewer yorkie boy. He is a snuggler and loves to play with his "friends". This little classically teddy bear faced boy has four white legs and a full black saddle. I am expecting him to be about 4-5 lbs. He is priced at $1300 Pet Price only. Pre-neuter arrangements are offered. Escort available but no shipping unescorted.